- About DIU
- Contact Us
Facilities of DIU
The University provides magnificent hostels offering a comprehensive range of facilities within the University campus. We understand that most of our students are moving away from home for the first time, so we strive to make the transition as smooth as possible by providing comfortable, safe and homely set-up within the hostels. All the rooms have been designed to provide adequate moving space and ample air and light. To guide the students and to monitor the day to day management of the hostels, each hostel has wardens.
The University has a wide range of accommodation options and most students find that these options suit to their needs. There are rooms ranging from 1 seater to 4 seater and students can take a room as per their convenience and choice.
The University makes the best possible efforts to provide the finest services and facilities within the hostels. Following are the facilities offered in the hostels, subject to variation with respect to the hostel and/or room pattern allotted:
The hostel has its own Mess providing hygienic and nutritious vegetarian meals three times a day. Catering to the varied taste buds of the students, the hostel Mess offers excellent multi-cuisine menu, including Indian, South Indian, continental and Chinese. Special menus are designed for special occasions.
- Rooms with attached washroom, bed, table, chair and almirahs.
- Arrangement for power supply through dedicated hotlines.
- Hot water in winters (scheduled timings).
- Free internet connectivity through Wi-Fi system for scheduled timing for academic purposes only.
- Power backup.
World class Laundry Services under most hygienic conditions are available in the University Campus. The Laundry Services are undertaken using good quality washing and drying machines using standard washing materials. Also, steam press system is used that ensures excellent quality of garments care.
- Facilities for indoor and outdoor games like Table tennis, Badminton, Football, Basket Ball, Volleyball, Lawn Tennis, Cricket, etc.
- Gymnasium(optional on payment basis).
- Newspapers and Magazines (provided on demand).
Life @ Hostels
Events and Activities
To make the stay of the students a pleasant one they are constantly involved by organizing various celebrations, events and activities likes cultural activities, sports, debates and declamations.
Various competitions are organized where students from different hostels compete with each other. Apart from this, various clubs and forums work inside the hostels providing the students opportunities to develop certain skills in their fields of interest and inculcating in them a sense of regular practice and discipline.
In addition, the hostel also have counsellors who are there to solve the problems of students in context of family issues, studies, home sickness etc. These counsellors are regarded as best friends by the students who provide ready tips on how to tackle these everyday stressful situations. Also for counseling and psychological support, the University offers oncampus Counselling and Psychological Support Services.
Safety and Security
The University ensures the safety and security of the students in the hostels through a dedicated team of security officers and personnel who work for the same. There are security guards who take care that proper decorum is maintained in the campus and are there to assist the students in case of any emergency.
There are various Committees working in the Hostels each looking at separate and individual issues. The Committees smoothen the functioning of the hostels as well as ensure active participation of the students as the authority is delegated to them through the committees.
Following are the committees that are functional in the hostels:
- Cultural and Entertainment Committee
- Sports Committee
- Discipline, Security and Anti Ragging Committee
- Medical and Safety Committee
- Mess Committee
- Academics and Grievance Committee
- These committees comprise of students who work for one common goal of unconstrained operations.
- Hostel facility is permitted on annual basis for students admitted for regular programmes for regular academic session.
- All rights of permission to avail the hostel facility are reserved with the University and can be denied to any student. No student shall be entitled to claim this facility as a matter of right.
- Hostel facility will be offered on First Come First Serve basis, with the provision for reservation for special category of student(s) such as those admitted for residential programme or from the distant places or as decided by the University.
- The location of the hostels, floor and room pattern are subject to change from time to time.
- Hostel facility will be provided till the end of the regular academic session including regular exams. For availing hostel facility after the end of academic session for any purpose like summer school/reappear examination/make up examination etc., additional proportionate hostel fee will have to be paid by the student, subject to the availability and permission of hostel facility.
- Hostel fee as mentioned is for the academic session i.e. 2011 - 2012 and it is subject to change for successive years.
- Hostel facility(s) once chosen like laundry service or with food or without food options etc. will not be changed during the academic session.
- Hostel fee as mentioned includes the fee for accommodation; electricity charges for light load (fixed 750 units per room per semester). For AC rooms, electricity will be charged on actual basis i.e. in addition to light load.
Dhaka International University has cafeterias which provide lunch services for students, and academic and administrative staff. The meals are prepared in modern kitchens having hygienic conditions by considering the daily calorie needs.
- University provides canteen facilities located within the campus.
- The cafe structured on international standards gives highly attractive ambiance; the shape of the building is molded like a ship with a desk, fountains and colorful lights.
- With a sitting capacity of over 50 students it makes a perfect place to chill.
- The kitchen is totally modern and with state of the art mechanized cooking range.
- Every effort is made to see that the food items remain untouched till the consumer picks it up for eating. The cafeteria becomes a piece of attraction for relaxation and for snacks.